Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Confessions Part 1

Guess what?

I presented my movie today! And it went really really well! I'm happy about this, and I'm proud that people liked it.

My teacher facilitatated a discussion about it all afterwards, and even though I wouldn't have guessed that this was where it would go (we had a whole discussion about suicide), it was cool.

Remember how yesterday I was freaking out because I wouldn't be able to talk? That was because today was the Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity, and so a bunch of us walked aroud with our mouths covered in red duct tape to take a stand for those who have no voice.

It was hard trying to give a presentation like that. Because you can't give much input that wasn't prepared ahead of time. You can't throw in directions. Or a comment. Or explain yourself.

I think that it was better doing it without talking though. It meant that I actually forced myself to prepare. It made me try to do something that was actually more interesting then just getting up there and rambling. And it made the class THINK, because they couldn't rely on me to fill in the blanks for them. I liked that.

All being said it was terrifying.

And awesome. I would recomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment