Sunday, January 15, 2012

Plotting

I have a rather devious plan.
You see, I dabble in creative writing. Ideally, I would make a career of it, probably a side career, but I don't see that happening as of yet.
What I can do though, is submit it random sources to access my skills. My plan is currently small. It involves so far only spamming the lit mag at school with as much poetry as I can assemble between now and the deadline, and submit them anonymously from an email address that I have created specifically for that purpose, and see what happens. I must say I believe I'm getting a bit to excited about this- it's further prompting my wish that the end of the year was here by now- then the lit mag would have been published and sitting in my backpack, and I would be laughing aloud at my own work.
As it is I am sitting watching Sherlock Holmes and, writing, and avoiding doing my art projects by any means possible, because finishing and touching up 9-10 art projects and studying for possible one of the worst finals I've taken to date don't sound at all appealing for some bizarre reason.
My friend Sam is graduating this week. Graduating, moving to Virginia, and finishing the semester of college that she already started taking her online. Part of me wishes that I could graduate with her, start something new, but I understand why I can't do that. It would force me into MCC (something that I WILL NOT do), mess up my place on PMT (something that I love), and leave me with half years of art, spanish, and stats (things which I have mixed feelings about).
It's sort of like the college-homeschool thing. Part of me understands that I could be a semester away from a liberal arts degree that I would have got from reading, something that I have a fondness for. I probably could have gotten highschool credit for it as well, but that's in the past now. My best friend Caryn holds that it wouldn't have been a good thing for me, and I'm inclined to believe her because she knows me better in some ways than I know myself. I think she would say the same about my graduating early. I would to. As much as I don't want to be in highschool anymore, I'm not ready to be gone. I have to grow up again, stop trying to run back to elementary school or wherever. I'm not in 3rd grade anymore, and no amount of stalling can change that, even if I wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment